Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Wrong 'R' You

As a gift to my mom, I have been going through our childhood home videos to organize and label them. I became very aware of what a lucky (read: spoiled) kid I was at Christmastime. I received many more gifts than necessary, and while I got excited about every gift (in a video I recently watched, I was ecstatic over the 64 pack of Crayola crayons - who wouldn't be?) and always said an enthusiastic "thank you", I can't help but think of how I thought this amount of gifts was normal when I was a kid. This got me thinking about a Christmas episode of Full House called "A Very Tanner Christmas".

Stephanie and Michelle are especially present-crazed this year. Uncle Jesse decides to open their eyes and takes them to serve at a soup kitchen to show them how lucky they are. Here is my favorite exchange:

Danny: Uncle Jesse has something really special planned for you.
Stephanie: All right, we're going to Toys R Us!
Jesse: Wrong R You.

I love it.

Of course, after serving at the soup kitchen, the girls have a change of heart and a life lesson is learned.

This episode is great in so many other ways as well, Uncle Jesse brings in fake snow for Rebecca, Steve and DJ fight because he is going to college 3000 miles away (she tries to get him to stay by buying him and expensive gift), and Vicki surprises Danny by coming home for the holidays. I recommend adding it to your list of holiday must-sees. You can find it by searching "A Very Tanner Christmas" on YouTube.












Cue sappy music. So, this Christmas, let us all take a moment to realize how lucky we all are. The 90s sitcoms gave us so many great Christmas memories that will last a lifetime. What more could we ask for?

Friends Forever,

AC Slater

PS. Don't forget the real reason for the season is the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ!

1 comment:

  1. Ah yes, you were spoiled....says your mom...but it was SO much fun at the time!

    ReplyDelete